Our Commitment to COVID-19 Cleaning & Safety
We are open for business as usual and take great pride in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness. There is no higher priority to our entire team than the safety of our guests and employees. We are staying on top of information being issued from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and our local government and health agencies regarding the COVID-19 situation daily.
Our hotel serves an essential function and is open during the shelter in place restrictions occurring in the Bay Area. When you next stay with us, there will be some changes you can clearly see, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals; while others, you can rest assured are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards. The We Care Clean program addresses five key areas in our hotels:
1. Front Desk and Lobby:
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process such as the use of Best Western’s Mobile Concierge platform.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, wellness best practices signs will be prominently posted, and all lobby brochures, magazines and papers will be removed.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Sanitizing stations or wipes will be available throughout hotels.
2. Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. If possible, guest rooms will not be entered for 24 to 72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be by request.
3. Temporary Breakfast Offerings:
While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted to prioritize your health and safety, including:
- Breakfast offerings that comply with local regulations, with breakfast rooms closed where required to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- Enhanced ‘Grab & Go’ offerings will be implemented in most hotels providing guests with pre-packaged food and beverage options.
- Hotels may opt to provide a “served” or pre-plated breakfast to minimize guest contact with food, beverages and surfaces, and cross contamination.
4. Public Amenities:
- When allowed to open, public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generators or ultraviolet devices (once available).
- Hand sanitizer or wipes will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
5. Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
Best Western Cancellation Policy
Effective Date: March 23, 2020
As we continue to monitor the impact of COVID–19, the Best Western Hotels & Resorts cancellation policy is as follows:
- The policy applies to any reservation for any future arrival date.
- The policy applies to hotels located in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean.
- Guests may cancel at any time, as long as cancellation occurs least 24 hours before arrival, and the reservation is cancelled on or before June 30, 2020.
- Hotels will waive all fees associated with the cancellation of the booking.
- Applies to all booking channels.
- If you booked through an online travel agent or other third-party, you are advised to contact the original booking provider for information on their policies.
- A more restrictive cancellation policy may apply to a limited number of high-demand dates at individual hotels.
Please feel free to call the hotel directly should you have any further questions.